On Sunday, The Hidden Figures cast pulled down the award for outstanding performance by a motion picture cast. Taraji slayed on the SAG red carpet in a show-stopping mauve Reem Acra dress, all eyes were on the fierce Hidden Figures actress.
Get all of the details of her incredibly gorgeous hair and makeup right here! Her super talented makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff breaks it down for us:
“Getting ready for the SAGs is actually a fun process,” shares Ashunta. “Taraji is very zen and relaxed its the glam team who’s not. We listen to great music and laugh but most importantly she makes sure we have fun.”
- I prep her skin by using DERMAFLASH, which allows me to get the highest level of exfoliation plus remove unwanted peach fuzz so skin care products work ten times better.
- I used Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm to decrease puffiness and hydrate eyes. Then I used the brand’s DermalQuench Liquid Lift and Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum. Both of these products work together to plump, hydrate and give skin that superior radiant glow.
- I applied Dior Airflash CC Primer to create an even canvas for makeup application. I love that is also has a radiance booster.
- Next, I used Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff in Tan to create a natural, glowing, contoured and lifted canvas.
- Set everything with Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana, which is great for warm skin tones.
- I wanted a soft rose glow affect so I used Taraji’s MAC Collection Highlight The Truth on the lid just tapping with my finger and using a MAC 266 angle brush on lower lash line for a soft smokey affect.
- Then I added Taraji Glow, a coppery gold highlight in corner of the eyes and center of eyes so they popped.
- I took her eyes to the next level with Cozzette Brushes and Eyeshadows.
- I added Penultimate Eye Liner from Taraji’s MAC collection to give a tight precise line on the top lash line and then added two coats on top and bottom lashes with Haute and Naughty Tooo Black Lash Mascara.
- I completed her eyes with Damone Roberts Minx Brow Pencil for brows.
- Finishing Touches
- For cheeks, I added a soft subtle warmth with Maybelline Crème Blush Stick and highlighted cheekbones with Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit
- I lined her lips with MAC Cosmetics Plum Lip liner, adding MAC Cosmetics Amplified Lipstick and shining them with a touch of MAC Cosmetics Lipglass.
- Finally, I set her pout with Model in a Bottle Makeup Setting Spray, Sensitive Formula for Lips.