District 13 to the Capitol – Hunger Games Hairstyles Salon Capri Boston, step by step instructions on how to get all the Hunger Games Hairstyles created by Senior stylists Graziella Lembo and Latoya Hill of Salon Capri in Boston.
Salon Capri Boston - Katniss Nine Strand Crown Braid
1. Graziella’s variation on the nine strand braid consists of a combination of a five strand braid and a four strand braid pinned beside each other for a more complex look.
2. Start by taking one large section of hair on each side of the head above the ear and braid using the four strand braid technique. Secure each end with a clear elastic or one similar to your own hair color.
3. Then, fold the braids up and over the head like a headband, securing each end behind the opposite ear with bobby pins.
4. The remaining hair in the back can be left loose or pulled back in a messy bun for your desired look.
5. Braids hold best on hair that has a bit of texture, Graziella recommends washing hair the day before styling for easier styling. If your hair is freshly washed and dried, dust with a light coat of Shu Uemura Volume Maker Invisible Texturizing Powder to add texture and retain hairs natural shine.
Salon Capri Boston Johanna Capitol Curl Up-Do
1. Start by pulling the front half of your hair into a super high pony and secure with an elastic that is either clear or matches your hair color.
2. Next, spray the top and sides with a shine and hold spray. Graziella likes Kerastase Laque Couture hairspray to smooth and eliminate any frizz or flyaways.
3. Take the rest of hair and pull it into a high pony right behind the first one. Repeat use of hairspray.
4. Add a small dollop of as Kerastase Fibre Architect repairing serum to the tails of both ponies to protect hair from heat and promote shine.
5. Curl both ponytails in 1 inch sections, making sure to keep the curls intact.
6. Take each curl and pin down to the head in the appropriate place. Continue throughout each ponytail.
7. If needed, spray each individual curl before pinning with an extra spritz of hairspray to ensure that the ringlets don’t separate.
8. Finally, go for the gold! For a more dramatic look, Graziella painted metallic gold hair makeup onto the edges of the curls and throughout the style.
Salon Capri Boston Primrose Wrap Braid
1. First, pick a side for your side part- Latoya suggests using a deeper part for this style.
2. Smooth and detangle hair by combing through with a fine-toothed comb in the direction of the braid.
3. At the end of the part in the center of your head, take a small triangular section of hair and begin French braiding towards the face in a forward direction.
4. Begin to follow the hairline. Once you get to the top of the ear, transition the braid to the opposite direction. You want the braid to fall right under the occipital bone.
5. When the braid is diagonal from the part, begin to gather hair to form the loose, detached braid and use an elastic to secure at the end.
6. Relax the braid by gently pulling the weave apart with your fingers.
7. If needed, secure loose pieces of hair with bobby pins and seal with a coat of light hold hairspray, Latoya recommends Kerastase Laque Couture finishing spray.